The founder of the hospital, Dr. Friedrich Husemann, was an anthroposophical physician of the first moment. He could learn and practice the principles and contents of the anthroposophical enlarged medicine and anthropology in direct contact to Dr. Rudolf Steiner. The Friedrich-Husemann-Clinic was founded in 1930 and is the oldest anthroposophical hospital for Psychiatry und Psychotherapy in Europe.
Mental diseases, in particular depression and anxiety disorder, today are widely spread and may strike everybody. Over 30 % of the patients who visit a family doctor have mental diseases. Psychiatric symptoms are as frequent as physical ones. They may be treated by a family doctor or a psychiatrist. If an ambulant treatment is not sufficient, the therapy may take place in an acute care hospital for Psychiatry und Psychotherapy.
Our treatments focus on:
• Depression and manic disorder
• Anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder
• Adjustment and posttraumatic stress disorder
• Somatoform disorder
• Personality disorder
The science-based psychiatric und psychotherapeutic medicine forms the basis of our treatment. We expand this basis by integrative treatments of anthroposophical medicine.
• Anthroposophical psychotherapie and psychoeducation
• Anthroposophic expanded psychotherapie in case of mourning
• Anthroposophic-naturopathic drugs
• Physical applications (packings, rhythmic embrocations, bathes)
• Art, craft, and work therapy
• Organic food
• Cultural life
The holistic idea of human nature also forms our mindset in psychotherapeutic individual and group dialogs as well as in mentoring.
Telephone +49 (0)7661 392-0
Fax +49 (0)7661 392-400
Bending and weaving rattan with your hands - this can also help the soul to regain balance.